Sunday, November 06, 2005

Fox Propaganda

Sorry I didn't post for a while there; I was at my parents' place, and their web access isn't working. So I was helping my dad watch some college football. During one of the commercial breaks, he flipped to Fox, where there was an episode of Stargate: Atlantis. The scientists had just invented some serum or whatever, and they were right about to test it on a captured alien or sea creature or whatever. But then a State Department official pointed out that performing science experiments on prisoners is a violation of the Geneva Convention. "That's odd," I thought. "I guess the alien/sea creature/whatever went back in time to become a signatory party at the Geneva Convention."

SRS

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fox doesn't even produce Stargate Atlantis, the Sci-Fi channel does. It is not Fox Propaganda.

10:06 PM  
Blogger weblogbob83 said...

Yeah, but how many searches for "Sci-Fi propaganda" do you think there are?

Just kidding. It was an innocent mistake. I saw it on Fox; I didn't know anything about it (except that it is, presumably, based on the movie "Stargate"); I called it the way I saw it.

Oh, and you may not have noticed, but the post was actually somewhat sarcastic. I don't really think the "wraiths" or whatever signed the Geneva Conventions on Torture.

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Backlog Bob's strong right straight